Today we are sharing five prompts to inspire you during your personal spiritual time so you can set your intentions for the week ahead. Take a moment to reflect on the following and journal your thoughts.
- Scripture: “The time is surely coming, says the Lord, when the one who plows shall overtake the one who reaps, and the treader of grapes the one who sows the seed; the mountains shall drip sweet wine, and all the hills shall flow with it. I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant them upon their land, and they shall never again be plucked up out of the land that I have given them, says the Lord your God.” (Amos 9:13-15).
- Prayer Venture: “Happy are those who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times” (Psalm 106:3). Ask the Spirit to fill us with love and reverence for our neighbors as children of God, that people of all backgrounds, abilities, ages, beliefs, needs and circumstances might be treated with respect, fairness and compassion.
- Prayer from Bread for the Day: “Lord of the covenant, we believe that you rescue and restore your people. When we despair, remind us of your promises. Our troubles will end and we will come at last to the life of plenty that you prepare for us.”
- Journal prompt: Consider a time when someone supported you. Write about how that experience impacted you and how you could impact someone else in a similar fashion.
- Hymn: “Sing to the Lord of Harvest” (ELW, 694).