Today we are sharing five prompts to inspire you during your personal spiritual time so you can set your intentions for the weekend ahead. Take a moment to reflect on the following and journal your thoughts.
- Scripture: “Send out your light and truth; O send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.” (Ps. 43:3-4).
- Prayer Venture: “Pray for our neighbors who have experienced great losses and turmoil as a result of the earthquake in Morocco and the unprecedented flooding in Libya, that they will find hope, comfort, relief, resources and assistance for the difficult recoveries ahead.”
- Prayer from Bread for the Day: “God of light and life, we thank you with glad and generous hearts for your guidance and insight. As our lives are enriched by your wisdom, help us to be for others an experience of your compassion and encouragement.”
- Journal prompt: As we head into a new month, take five minutes to reflect on how you spent the month of October. What do you want to bring into November? What do you want to leave behind?
- Hymn: Shine, Jesus, Shine, ELW 671