Today we are sharing five prompts to help inspire your personal spiritual time and set your intentions for the upcoming weekend. Take a moment to reflect on the following and journal your thoughts.
- Scripture: “Then [Jesus] opened [the disciples’] minds to understand the scriptures, and he said to them, ‘Thus it is written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins is to be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. And see, I am sending upon you what my Father promised; so stay here in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high” (Luke 24:44-49).
- Prayer from Bread for the Day: “Almighty God, your blessed Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, ascended far above all heavens that he might fill all things. Mercifully give us faith to trust that, as he promised, he abides with us on earth to the end of time, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.”
- Journal prompt: In your own words, define “repentance” and “forgiveness.”
- Hymn: “A Hymn of Glory Let Us Sing!” (ELW, 393).
- Contemplative question: Spend 5-10 minutes in silence, contemplating the Scripture for today. Meditate on these questions: How might you need to forgive someone in your life? How might you need to forgive yourself?