Today we are sharing five prompts to help inspire your personal spiritual time and set your intentions for your week ahead. Take a moment to reflect on the following and journal your thoughts.
- Scripture: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be a healing for your flesh and a refreshment for your body” (Proverbs 3:5-8).
- Prayer from Bread for the Day: “Healing God, when we do not know what to do, we turn to you. Make us a humble and wise people, acknowledging you in all our ways. In you we will be refreshed in body and soul.”
- Journal prompt: In this season of my life, what does it look like to trust in the Lord? What in my life brings peace? What is my definition of “hope”?
- Hymn: “All My Hope on God Is Founded” (ELW, 757).
- Refreshment for your mind: Spend 5-10 minutes in silence, contemplating the Scripture for today. Meditate on these questions: What is the difference between trusting in the Lord and trusting in your own insight? What or who in your life brings you a sense of calm and “refreshment for your body”?