Today we are sharing five prompts to inspire you during your personal spiritual time so you can set your intentions for the weekend ahead. Take a moment to reflect on the following and journal your thoughts.
- Scripture: “Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity, and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering. Prove me, O Lord, and try me; test my heart and mind. For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in faithfulness to you” (Psalm 26:1-3).
- Prayer Venture: “Give thanks for our church’s history of affirming the value of lifelong education. Give thanks for teachers who nurture faith, teach life skills and help people of all ages use their gifts and passions to serve neighbors in need and do God’s work in the world.”
- Prayer from Bread for the Day: “God, you are the steadfast lover of our souls. It is our deepest desire to walk with you in an honest and faithful fashion. Guide us in our ways.”
- Journal prompt: As we head into a new month, take five minutes to reflect on how you spent the month of August. What do you want to bring into September? What do you want to leave behind?
- Hymn: “We Praise You, O God” (ELW, 870).